Home | Resources | FAQs
What would you suggest I do if my cDNA clone is not growing?
* Try using broth culture instead of plate culture to jumpstart growth.
* Use shaking during growth of the broth culture.
* Double check to make sure you are using the correct antibiotic and concentration.
* Try inoculating from thawed source tube rather than frozen. (frozen often works but sometimes it does not).
* Gently mix the source tube by inversion (with the lid on) to ensure the cells are not settled in the bottom before the inoculum is taken.
* Try increasing the inoculum (i.e. 10ul inoculum into 2ml broth).
* Try spinning the tube to pellet the cells and take from the pellet to inoculate a broth culture.