The Dharmacon website will be undergoing scheduled maintenance starting Monday, November 19th at 9:00 a.m. (MST) and continuing until Tuesday, November 20th until 6:00 p.m. (MST). During this time period, there may be intermittent outages of the website. We thank you for your patience as we complete this necessary maintenance. If you need assistance, please reach out to our
customer support team
Home | Resources | FAQs
What would you suggest I do if my cDNA clone is not growing?
* Try using broth culture instead of plate culture to jumpstart growth.
* Use shaking during growth of the broth culture.
* Double check to make sure you are using the correct antibiotic and concentration.
* Try inoculating from thawed source tube rather than frozen. (frozen often works but sometimes it does not).
* Gently mix the source tube by inversion (with the lid on) to ensure the cells are not settled in the bottom before the inoculum is taken.
* Try increasing the inoculum (i.e. 10ul inoculum into 2ml broth).
* Try spinning the tube to pellet the cells and take from the pellet to inoculate a broth culture.