Effective date: This policy was last updated on June 1st, 2018.
Horizon Discovery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
Who we are
“Horizon Discovery” means the Group of Companies made up by Horizon Discovery plc and any subsidiary companies of it.
Our contact details
Our registered office is at 8100 Cambridge Research Park, Waterbeach, Cambridge CB25 9TL.
You can check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you agree we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- If you agree from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with the requirements of the Law.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Google Analytics Advertising Features
This site utilizes the Remarketing feature that is part of Google Analytics' Advertising Features. This functionality uses Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers along with data collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation to serve ads as you visit other websites that utilize Google's advertising features. You may opt-out of Google's Advertising features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or you may use Google Analytics' currently available opt-outs.
Facebook Retargeting Features
Twitter Conversion Tracking and Ad Targeting
This site utilizes Twitter's website tag program to collect user data for conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to users' interests. Users of the website may opt out of interest-based advertising through methods that Twitter may specify from time to time.
Eloqua (Oracle Marketing Cloud)
Oracle Eloqua enables marketers to plan and execute campaigns while delivering a personalized customer experience for their prospects. Campaigns greatly scale for audiences across channels including email, display search, video, and mobile. With integrated lead management and easy campaign creation, our solution helps marketers engage the right audience at the right time in their buyer's journey. Sales teams can close more deals at a faster rate, increasing marketing ROI through real-time insight.
Website: Oracle Marketing Cloud
Privacy: Data Privacy Inquiry Form
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by post at the address above, or by telephone on 01223 976 000 at or at the postal address above at any time, to:
- ask for a copy of the information which we hold about you;
- ask us to correct any information which is incorrect;
- ask that we delete your data from our system;
- ask us to restrict what we do with your data;
- remove your consent to us using your information for direct marketing purposes.
We may need to confirm your identity. Please allow us seven days to process such requests.